Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Saying our goodbyes to Philly

Our last couple weeks in Philly F L E W by. Here is a recap of a few things we managed to get done:

Kade was able to squeeze in an Italian date night at the Bistro Romano.  It was delicious.  We walked the surrounding streets in downtown Philly before we ate.
 
We went out to dinner with Violet and her parents the night before my last day.  I loved working for Nick and Carrie, and was sad when I had to say goodbye.  They took us to a delicious restaurant on Rittenhouse square.

I made little board books for Zachary and Violet on the internet a week before we left.  I was terrified they weren't going to come in time, but they made it on my last day.  Kade picked them up and rode them to me on his bike. Life savor!! Turned out that Violet had made a book for me too...with her footprint on the front :)
I took my last grocery shopping "ride." It was bittersweet. This is one thing I am not going to miss about Philly at all, but I did become quite coordinated. (Thanks to Kade for teaching me how!)  I stopped and had a security officer take a picture for me so I could document it.
I always loved taking walks with Violet, and we were able to meet Kade on campus for lunch.
Our last Saturday there I had a "porch sale." We decided that the cost of the items was less than the amount we would spend to try and move it to UT and TX. Not worth it...so everything had to go.  I was going to do it all by myself, but was rescued by Michelle and her two kiddos.  Thank goodness!!! She helped me so much, and together we made more than 500 bucks!
Kade and I still quote her little Oliver all the time.  We miss them!
My last bike ride across the river was heavenly knowing I wouldn't have to do it again.  The clouds looked pretty cool that morning.  
The Tuesday before we left, I made all of the food for book club.  I, of course, had to make my Mom's famous layered jello.  It was nearly gone when I brought it home.
And last but not least....Kade's LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! Wahoo.  He was bouncing up and down in his chair the morning before his last final.  He was trying to study but could NOT sit still.  I filmed him without him knowing because I was laughing so hard. 
He was more than ready to be done.
We are pretty sad that our Philly adventure came to an end.  We made some really great friends that we are going to miss a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Brit I just love you! You guys are so cute! :) I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete