Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Honeymoon!!

And the adventure begins!!! I wanted our honeymoon to be a surprise, so Kade was careful not to talk about it around me during our engagement.  All I knew was that I had to pack up as if we were going straight to Milan to live until Christmas.  We spent our first night in Park City, and the next day we went home to pack last minute things and say goodbye to our family. The second night we stayed downtown so we were close to the airport.  Kade finally told me during breakfast before we went to the Airport that we were headed to Venice, Italy!!  He didn't tell me how long we were staying, or if we were going anywhere else.  He acted as though we were going to Milan straight after.  I was definitely in for a treat!! 



After spending three nights in Venice, we headed to Hertz to rent a car.  We were driving back to Milan is what I thought... how fun!! Kade and I each had two 50 lb. suitcases, a carry-on, a backpack, and I had a purse.  When they pulled around our car, we just started laughing.  It was a tiny little Fiat with only two doors.  I had zero faith that all of our luggage would fit.  Kade starting working at it, and after about 20 minutes of re-arranging and squishing... we finally got it! Kade's knees were up to his chin because we had to slide his seat forward while I drove, but we managed to get the last carry-on in the car! We were on our way! We stopped in a little city called Verona to have lunch up in the mountains, and ate at a pizzeria that over looked the whole city.  Kade made this pit stop because it is the city that Romeo and Juliet takes place.  Isn't he cute? After driving for another hour we started seeing signs for "COMO."  They were pointed in all the same directions as Milan so I didn't think anything of it.  There came a point when Milan was left, and Como was right.  Kade made me go right and I immediately put two and two together!!! We were headed to LAKE COMO!!! It was beautiful!! We took an hour boat ride out to a town called Bellagio, and stayed our first night up at the top of the mountain overlooking the whole lake.  Here is a pic of the view:
This is where we had breakfast:
When Kade reserved the hotel room, he also reserved some bikes! We went on a bike ride all the way down to the shore and through the streets of Bellagio.  The weather was perfect!  Kade really enjoys painting so we stopped along the way so he could take some pictures to possibly paint.  The view was incredible. 
The second and third night in Como, Kade reserved a hotel a little closer to the shore of the Lake.  The window in our hotel room was the size of the wall and by the push of a button, the entire window would open to this view:
One day we went on a boat ride to the little villages nearby.  I had my feet hanging off the edge of the boat and Kade told me to take my shoes off before one of them blew off.  I started bringing my feet back into the boat and on the way in, I hit the edge of the boat on my foot.  Yep, my shoe was then floating on top of the water.  The boat was so big we couldn't reach in to get it... all we could do was watch it float away and laugh.  I wore Kade's sock on my foot until we were able to find what seemed like the only pair of shoes in the entire village for sale... a children's pair of flip-flops with cartoons on the front.  We were both puzzled as to how it came in a big enough size for my foot, but we were really grateful. I was then referred to as "Little Brittany" for the rest of the day as Kade treated me like a little child. HAHA  I love Kade's sense of humor.  He could have been so frustrated with me that it had happened because he warned me, but instead it makes a great memory.  Laughing is a good cure for everything and we try to laugh as much as we can.  
We had a really fun honeymoon and I loved that it was a surprise.  Kade did such a good job planning it... I am so lucky! It was fun to be able to read in little parks, relax, walk around the little cobble stone streets, and just be together all the time.  Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun Brit. you are living my dream! I want to go to Italy SO BAD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!! I am soo happy you got a wonderful honeymoon! Good job to your hubby! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete