Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our wedding day!!

The big day finally came!! Kade and I were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on August 27th, 2010! There was such a peaceful feeling in the temple, what a great way to start off our day. When we walked out, our family and friends were waiting to congratulate us.  We could not believe how big our support system was, we feel very blessed.  Kade went to go hug his little sister, and I realized I was just standing there.  Everyone was taking pictures, but no one was moving.  I felt a little awkward, looked to my friends who were standing the closest and said, "Where are my hugs?" They all laughed and then the hugs came to both of us. Kade and I could not stop smiling. :)   

When our photographers were done taking pictures of us, we went back to the temple to change out of our clothes.  When we walked out again, it was pouring rain!! We were grateful that we were able to get all of the pictures we wanted, but we were a little scared as to what the weather would be for the reception!! 
Turns out that it rained through the ring ceremony, and the entire reception!! We kept hearing from the guests that it was supposed to be good luck if it rained on your wedding day!! There was also a double rainbow in the sky that some people took a picture of for us. It was raining on us while pictures were being taken, and unfortunately we were only able to get a few.  We didn't get any family pictures but at least we have the ones from the temple! 
Our wedding cake sat inside during the reception and then I asked my Dad to move it outside while we cut it.  It didn't care to cut it in the rain, just wanted it out in the open so the people under the tent could see.  Right when they brought it outside, the rain stopped and there was only wind.  Everyone was able to stand on the patio to watch us cut it!  We had a little too much fun... it ended up all over both of our faces! I actually got it in one of Kade's contacts, I felt really bad! 
Kade and I then shared our first dance together... in the rain! We didn't care, we were too happy that our day had finally come! 
Kip always told me when we were planning the wedding that he was going to wear shorts and a Tommy Bahama shirt to the reception.  He then told me that if he was going to wear the tux, it was coming off at 9 when the reception was supposed to end.  Of course the reception lasted longer and as Kade and I were having our first dance together, all of a sudden we saw Kip walking towards us.  The outfit you see above is what he was dressed in when he tapped Kade on the shoulder to dance with me. He wasn't lying when he told me that the tux was coming off!
We had planned to leave with sparklers but didn't think it was going to happen because of the wind and rain.  All of a sudden my brother called down to us and told us to run upstairs with our stuff.  Everyone was lined up on the walkway leaving the front door, all the way to the car.  Ketchup, toothpaste, whipping cream, and oreos were used to decorate it... and there was a string with cans hanging off the back.  It was a perfect ending to a perfect night.  We are so grateful to everyone that helped.  There were so many people involved and I cannot imagine what the cleanup crew looked like from the rain.  Thank you for making our day so special!

1 comment:

  1. Your wedding day was BEAUTIFUL! I loved every minute of it mainly because you were so freaking happy. I loved being a part of your day as a bridesmaid (and bff of course) I freakin love you and miss you to death. xoxo

    ReplyDelete