Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The big 23!

 I was extremely spoiled this year on my birthday, which was spread out between many days and events. I hope I can remember how i felt, so that I can help other people feel that happy on their special day.  It all started with a joint celebration for my Dad and me in slc with the fam. We enjoyed a yummy dinner that my sis made, and then we opened a few gifts. 
Then...I went to dinner with Mari and Jordan expecting it to be a Christmas celebration, when they both left me at the table to get different things in their car.  They came back with presents and cupcakes. I had no idea! 
I had mentioned the yummy cupcake store close by while we were standing in line for food.  Little did I know, they were keeping laughter inside as best as possible. Amazing friends!
On my actual Birthday, I had to be to work at 7 in the morning.  I woke up to sticky notes in all of the places Kade knew I had to look before leaving. He is amazing.



He came to Violet's house with lunch from Cosi and hung out with us for a little while.  She had never met him before, and kept reaching for his face. She loved him, so cute.

When I got home that evening, I was not expecting any surprises.  We had talked about celebrating my birthday that weekend with just us two since I wanted to go to bookclub that evening. I came home to this:
Candle, flowers, present, and a homemade dinner.
He. Is.Amazing.
He even wore my favorite shirt! :)
Inside the green box was some adorable jewelry that he had picked out for me, and the movie Sarah's Key.  I had been dying to see it, and he finally reserved it on redbox for us!

The day after my birthday was a Friday.  He was waiting outside my work when I got off, and walked me to a restaurant for dinner. He took me back to The Marathon Grill...which is the restaurant we ate at almost two years ago when I came to visit him in Philly the first time while we were dating. As we were walking in, we both thought of the idea to request the same table we sat in the first time. Before we could say something, the hostess directed us right to our table.  It was the same one...meant to be :)
                 February 2010                                                                                     January 2012













            






                 February 2010                                                                                   January 2012

To top it all off, we fit 6 other couples in our tiny front room for games and dessert the next night.  They sang happy birthday, and we played a fun game with all 14 of us that the Taylors introduced to everyone. We had to borrow a few chairs and created seating with our coffee table, but it worked and we had a blast! 
I am so grateful for family and friends and all that they do for us.  We have felt abundantly blessed, and hope we can live up to the blessings we continue to receive everyday. I feel lucky to have Kade as my husband...he is so good to me.  I know 23 is going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment