Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas is coming!

Right before Christmas, we got a big box in the mail from my Mom.  On the way up the stairs to our apartment I thought to my self how cool it would be if she sent something that Kade and I could do together. I must have read her mind--a gingerbread house kit. We were pretty excited!

I decided to get crafty this year and painted Kade a mug for Christmas to put milk in and dip cookies.  I love making desserts, so he is my guinea pig.  I walked about 20 blocks one day to find the painting studio, and saw a lot of cool city art on my way on the side of buildings. It was pretty neat because of how big they were! Everyone was in the Christmas spirit...there were decorated houses everywhere.
















I went through a few rough days with this little girl as we sleep trained her and got her off the binkie. She is such a good baby, and now takes great naps. Lucky me! Her eyes looked puffy from crying and the lack of sleep :(
There was a HUGE storm that hit Utah before Christmas. It ripped the city of Farmington to pieces! Huge trees were uprooting and roofs were flying off.  My sister lost her trampoline when it flew over her back fence and into someone else's yard. (It was bolted down!) Semis tipped over on the freeway...scary! Merry Christmas to the roofers! They had lots of work to do.
We had a ward Christmas party that ended up being really fun. They had great food--catered chicken from Chick-fil-A! The Primary Children acted out the nativity scene, and there was a slideshow of pictures with everyone in the ward. 
I made my Mom's famous 8 layer jello and took it to contribute. It was gone by the time I got to it--must have been a hit! It took me a long time to make it!
We survived through finals and Kade endured to the end. He worked SO hard. I had to stay for almost a week after he was done to continue nannying, so I talked him into leaving early and spending time with his family at home. The night after he left, I was cleaning the apartment and found a surprise under the bed.  It was an early Christmas gift. I am so lucky :)
The two families that I nanny for spoiled me on my last day before the break.  This adorable card is Violet's hand, and it had a "cash bonus" on the inside. 
Zachary's parents got me the rice/veggie steamer that I use at their house when I prepare their dinners.  It is the best! I felt extremely blessed to have such amazing people to work for.  I hope Kade and I can one day be as giving as they were to me. I was truly humbled.
Next stop...SLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment