Thursday, July 28, 2011

Georgie

Guess who we had over for dinner a few weeks ago....Miss Georgie Rawkins!  We were very excited to see her and be around her fun personality.  She is the kind of person that always seems so interested in your life and how you are doing.  She is very fun to be around.  I love when Georgie gets excited to tell stories...she talks very fast and finds humor in everything. The hubby and I could laugh with her for hours. She was a good friend to me when I was a nanny in Spain, and I am glad we have kept in touch over the past few years.  She is from England and the hubby got to meet her last year when we stayed in her flat while visiting London on our two week adventure. 
We were lucky and got to have her over to our place twice this summer...the second time when her boyfriend Louis got into town. He has the most incredible accent--a mix of a lot of different countries from traveling around so much. It is so fun for us to listen to them talk.  We love hearing the English accent. The boys talked business the whole time, so us girls got to catch up and exchange some good stories.

When we first met and were getting to know each other,  I told Georgie that my Mom used to call me Britter Bop when I was growing up...guess what Georgie calls me now???  Yep.  She also likes to make fun of some of the words we say with our "American accent."  Dork is one of her favorites.  She has a great memory and remembers all of my sibling's names and their kid's names.  She'll somehow have the hubby's whole extended family down next time we see her.
The weekend after we had them over, they were headed on a two week road trip down the coast.  They wanted to explore some states they had never been to.  Hopefully they had a good time--we can't wait to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment