Friday, July 1, 2011

Little update..

I got a phone call one day from my sister telling me that she would pay for my flight if I came home early for the summer and stayed with her while she recovered from a hysterectomy. She has five kids and her house is a little bit crazy! She was not allowed to carry more than 10 lbs while standing.  No pushing vacuums...or grocery carts... and her husband couldn't take off that much work to be around to help all the time.  She could have organized her kids to get picked up and dropped off at different times but she couldn't hold her brand new baby while standing, and keeping all 5 kids under control from a couch in pain would have been a disaster...can you imagine?!
  My hubby had about two weeks left in the semester and we had someone moving in right after us to rent our apartment for the summer.  I packed up the entire place so he didn't have to do a thing during finals, made him meals and labeled them in the freezer, and headed to Salt Lake.  At times I secretly think he liked the time alone to study for finals without me bugging him when I was bored!  I had a lot of cute faces and distractions while at my sisters..but being away from the hubby for two weeks was hard!  
Little Lulu always woke up the earliest and would wait in her bed with the ipad until everyone else woke up.
Lucy Jane :)
I unfortunately did not take many pics while I was there, but it was fun playing Mom for a little bit! It was good birth control going from zero to five kids in one day! My sister would give orders from the couch, and I would make sure they were enforced. We were a good team, and I especially loved the help at night from my brother in law while putting them all to bed. I got the hang of her laundry schedule and always tried to be one step ahead of her to make her life easier.   

.................

The hubby flew in two weeks later and we spent the rest of our break hanging out with family and friends.  We barely took any pictures, we are horrible..but we were busy! One Sunday we went up the canyon and had steaks on the fire, played baseball, and enjoyed being outside.  
Here is the only picture we got from that day:  Classic.
Kade's Grandma Peggy, aka The Rockstar Grandma, took me to get a pedicure and gel toes.  It was really fun to chat and get to know her better. I was very grateful!
We spent a lot of weekend mornings out on the patio for breakfast :)
While we were home, the hubby and I decided to work. We spent a couple of days hanging out, but got bored quick with everyone at work during the day.  He went with his Dad and brother Rhet to work at the office, and I got a job at my old home health company.  Their receptionist went out of town for two weeks so it was perfect--I got to work at the front desk! My mom's house is only a few blocks away and I had to be to work earlier than her, so she would come visit me every morning to bring me breakfast... and leftovers to have for lunch that day. One day she brought me some watermelon and this is what she had written on the lid:
She is a very selfless person and always so giving.  I loved seeing her everyday. I have a lot to learn from the way she makes me feel! 
My Dad and Elizabeth had their 10 year anniversary and since I was going to be in town, I told them to plan a get a way and let me spend some time with my little brother Preston.  We had a good time swimming, getting frogurt, and swimming some more.  He also had his championship baseball game and his team won! Wahoo! He was really excited.
Right when the hubby left for his mission, people started playing Rock Band. He had always heard about it but didn't have time after the mission because he went straight to school in Philly.  While we were home this time, he became obsessed.  It was SO cute to see that side of him--he is a completely different person when he is not a student! I love it! Payton was his band member and they tried to always get everyone and anyone to play with them.  They liked the "lights out!" to make it feel more like they were on stage :)
 U2 came to SLC and the hubby and his fam are HUGE fan.  His parents organized a get-to-gether at their house before the concert with food, and then they rented a big bus for us all to go to the concert in. We got to be down on the floor in the Red Zone! The concert was amazing! I didn't listen to them much before meeting Kade, but I love them now.  I love watching him get so into the singing... and I have to admit that I was dancing like crazy with the new short hair flying everywhere! 
Kip. If you know this man, you know that he does not stop.  My father in law never ceases to amaze all of us.  He is so strong, and very influential.  His goal this year was to take his family on a volunteer trip doing service work.  We were scheduled to leave on June 11th to Guatemala.  The hubby was not able to go because of his internship so he left to DC without me, and I stayed behind to go with his family.  Two days before we were supposed to leave, he got in a mountain biking accident and landed on the concrete right on his collar bone.
He ended up having to get surgery that resulted in a metal place and screws.  It humbled me to see him in so much pain just laying on his bed.  I had never seen him like that before, and I am sure it will be a LONG time before I see him like that again.  He is already up and moving, and riding his bike again. Of course he has recovered faster than anyone would with this surgery.  Our volunteer trip was postponed so that he could heal, and that is exactly what he did.  Amazing.  
Instead of flying to Guatemala that Saturday, I flew straight to DC to be with the hubby.  I was done with the distance and it had only been a week.  Are we pathetic, or in love?  I'll call it love :)  We feel very blessed and are loving DC.  More pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment