Thursday, September 22, 2011

Life in Philly

Well, we made it back to Philly.  Our cute friend Lindsey picked us up from the airport--she grew a big belly over the summer! We are excited to see her little baby when it comes soon. When we first walked in our apartment, we smelled the bunny. Yuck!  We dropped our bags and left to go get some pizza for dinner, and to go grocery shopping.  The next two days I spent deep cleaning, organizing, and putting away boxes while Kade started his classes and job in the library. It feels good to be back.... here is a picture of our cute street:
We have been able to see a lot of this little guy already! He is now a little bit older and can remember my name.  Michelle had a baby over the summer, so he now has a little sister named Madeline.  His new thing to say is, "Oh...sure!" Kade and I quote him at home all the time. 
Our first Sunday back we showed up right on time for sacrament at 12:00.... only to hear them saying the closing prayer.  Apparently we missed the Stake Conference memo!
The bishopric saw us, however, and didn't waste any time... we already received our callings!
Kade: 1st Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency
Brittany: Sunbeams Teacher
We are very excited, and want to magnify our callings while we are here in this ward. 
The weather has been very hot and humid since we got here.  There were a few cold nights, but it didn't last long.  We are trying to not use our window air-conditioning units in fear that our electrical bill will put us in debt, so we use a fan when needed. 
Our butter doesn't last long if I leave it out on the counter...
...and all of our cups sit in a pool of water no matter where they are placed. 

One morning when I was getting ready for church, Kade came in and asked me if I had been getting into his Oreo's. He didn't believe me when I told him no and was laughing at me as though I was caught. He then made me go look at the package for myself. 
 Look closely at this picture below---the Oreo's are up on the TOP shelf in our pantry.
Yep Kade, I don't know how to open the package with my hands...so I nibble.  NOT! We have a pet mouse, and it is not very welcome here. There were little pieces of Oreo packaging all over the shelves and every Oreo was nibbled on all along the top. How it got up on the top shelf you ask me? It must have crawled up my apron and jumped. I don't even want to think about it. There are no holes up there or even tiny cracks, I have already checked and re-checked.  I keep our apartment very clean so I am guessing they were attracted to the bunny that lived here over the summer.  Beautiful. We have traps out, but the scoundrel has set them off and ran. 
On a better note...I got a job working with this little cutie:
Violet Jane. 12 weeks old.
She has been a lot of fun to watch but will not let me put her down. She loves to be held so we take naps together and just hang out. 
I have to be at her house at 7:00 am and this is the view I get to see from my bike every morning.  Gorgeous! 
And the best for last....we got a package in the mail from my Mom and Ron.  Words cannot even describe how giving they are.  You ask for one treat, and they send you a box bigger than your body.  We won't ever be able to repay them, so we try to be as grateful as possible.  They are incredible.
Kade has been working hard towards getting more interviews for a job after graduation.  He has his full time offer from The Bank of America to choose from, but isn't sure that is what he wants to do. On campus recruiting has already started and he had his first interview yesterday with a company based in Boston. Who knows where we are going to end up but we are both open to any location. I am proud of him for his hard work and know we will end up right where we need to be! As for now, we will enjoy the time we have here in Philly. 

2 comments:

  1. Umm SOOO JEALOUS!!! :) Glad things are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it looks so beautiful! I love all the pics! What a fun job!

    ReplyDelete