Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Time

The air is getting colder around here and it makes it pretty hard to ride a bike to work at 6:40 in the morning but hey, it's free! What am I complaining about?!  I complained about the sticky heat and have chosen to enjoy the cool weather before the snow comes! A couple weekends ago, the Barton's had a little Halloween party at their house.  Kade was busy with an interview and school work, so I hopped in the car with Michelle and headed over.  I give the best costume award to the Tuckers...who came as protestors haha!
Alli dressed her little girl Haddy up as a unicorn. Whoever was holding her throughout the night got a good  poke in the face or two! 
Cute, pregnant Lindsey dressed up her baby--"First Halloween!"
Oliver thought this homemade mask was pretty cool--and kept dancing for our entertainment.  The Bartons made homemade donuts and apple cider.  There were fresh sugar cookies, caramel popcorn, and some chocolate.  We had a great time and it was fun getting to know some people better that I didn't know before.
The leaves are starting to change, and even though the sight isn't half as beautiful as looking at Utah's mountains covered with colored leaves...it is still exciting. I am hesitating pulling out my boots just yet, knowing that I will over wear them when the real cold starts to hit. 
Kade is still working hard and just finished his midterms--phew! So glad they are over!! He has been so busy, and has worked so hard.
Little Violet rolled over yesterday when I had her on her tummy... I was pretty excited, but also sad that her Mom wasn't home to see it.  Next time I will have to try and get it on camera--it shocked her when she landed on her back and realized she had a whole new scenery to look at.  Being with her makes me so excited for what future kids are up there waiting for Kade and me to bring into this world.  Hopefully they are proud of us and the way we are living our lives so far! Even though I have only been with Violet for a month, she has already started finding out what her hands are and bringing things to her mouth--it has been pretty neat to watch her develop.  
I always need to remember to find joy in the small and simple things in life, instead of looking back and wondering why I didn't take advantage of something while I had it. Fall, student life, living frugally, making new friends, being a nanny, cuddling while watching $1 redboxes on laptops, finding the "perfect" chocolate chip recipe, quarter laundry machines, no kids, bikes and buses, big city, full size bed sharing, meal planning, date nights, job hunting...the small and simple things right now in life will all change when graduation comes in May. Sometimes I wish I could freeze life how it is right now :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the fall? We miss you guys! Also - love the new picture in your blog header! I love rainy shots!

    ReplyDelete